Do you want to make a difference in someone's life?
Working at Havenwood Academy is an extremely rewarding experience. Every day our direct care staff have the ability to come in and make a significant difference in our client's life. We live by a relational model which means our staff are highly skilled in developing healthy and meaningful relationships with our clients, ultimately leading to their healing.
Position: Youth Mentor
Are you the kind of person who wants to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to go to work each day with a purpose and mission to change the world?
Havenwood Academy is looking for a conscientious and personable individual to join their team as a Youth Mentor working with teen girls who are trauma survivors.
The person we are seeking . . .
- Has a growth mindset and is always looking for ways to learn new things and face new challenges
- Builds trusting relationships at home and at work
- Sees problems and moves toward them to create change (lookup “extreme ownership”)
- Delivers results
Youth Mentor’s job responsibilities and requirements:
- Supervise girls from age 12 through 17 who have difficult and traumatic histories
- Plan, and guide the girls on, activities such as outdoor and cultural opportunities and other enriching activities
- Demonstrating to and modeling for the girls, honesty, integrity and other important values
- Strictly follow directions including and especially safety related policies
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to pass a TB test
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of 20 years old
Youth Mentors will receive ongoing training in de-escalation, first aid, food handling and trauma. Hourly pay begins at $12.00 to $15.00 and is negotiable depending on relevant experience. Opportunities for progression into leadership positions with increases in pay occur often.