Do you want to make a difference in someone's life?
Careers at Havenwood Academy comes with extremely rewarding experiences. Every day our direct care staff have the ability to come in and make a significant difference in our client's life. We live by a relational model which means our staff are highly skilled in developing healthy and meaningful relationships with our clients, ultimately leading to their healing.
The Life of a Mentor
Many facilities in this industry have a hard time keeping staff for long. The life of a mentor is never easy, but if given the right support, it can be full of meaning.
At Havenwood we believe one of the best things we can do for our kids is building a healthy culture amongst our staff. Our residential staff make or break us. Just like we want to provide high quality treatment for our kids, we also want to provide a high quality employment experience and recruit the best people to come and join us.
Position: Youth Mentor
Are you the kind of person who wants to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to go to work each day with a purpose and mission to change the world?
Havenwood Academy is looking for a conscientious and personable individual to join their team as a Youth Mentor working with teen girls who are trauma survivors.
The person we are seeking . . .
- Has a growth mindset and is always looking for ways to learn new things and face new challenges
- Builds trusting relationships at home and at work
- Sees problems and moves toward them to create change (lookup “extreme ownership”)
- Delivers results
Youth Mentor’s job responsibilities and requirements:
- Supervise girls from age 12 through 17 who have difficult and traumatic histories
- Plan, and guide the girls on, activities such as outdoor and cultural opportunities and other enriching activities
- Demonstrating to and modeling for the girls, honesty, integrity and other important values
- Strictly follow directions including and especially safety related policies
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to pass a TB test
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of 20 years old
Youth Mentors will receive ongoing training in de-escalation, first aid, food handling and trauma. Hourly pay begins at $17.00 and is negotiable depending on relevant experience. Opportunities for progression into leadership positions with increases in pay occur often.
Careers founded with purpose...
Here at Havenwood Academy, we pride ourselves in providing careers founded on our core values: Grit, Growth, Trusting Relationships, and Extreme Ownership. By having a culture founded with the purpose and mindsets these values provide, we can guarantee that Havenwood Academy is where we want it to be.