Boot Camp for Troubled Teenage Girls
Nothing is more terrifying to a parent than feeling that their child is in danger and being unable to help them. If you are dealing with a severely troubled teen, you may be well acquainted with this emotion. Issues like depression, substance abuse, sexual promiscuity, defiance and anger can all lead to self-destructive behavior which often results in negative consequences. At Havenwood Academy, we understand what you are going through and we want to help. While sending your daughter away may seem painful and intimidating, it could also be the best thing you can do for her. In the loving and experienced hands of our therapists and counselors, she will receive the intensive intervention, free of her current distractions and triggers, that can’t be provided at home.
Who We Are
At Havenwood Academy, we are devoted to helping troubled girls get the help they need, so families can return to being a peaceful and safe place. At our facility, we work tirelessly to provide an environment that combines the elements of love, trust and accountability. Our treatment plan is designed to promote positive family and peer relationships as well as strong morals and values.
We know that each girl that comes to us is unique and is struggling with her own combination of trials. Because of this, we have found that offering a wide variety of treatment interventions is the most effective way to make sure that our students are reached on a level that is personal and motivating to them. Some of our successful treatment methods include:
- Customized plans that are created specifically for each student and adjusted for her needs as necessary.
- Empowering students to be active in their own recovery through experiential activities and a multi-faceted therapeutic approach.
- A positive peer culture environment that increases the effectiveness of treatment and gives students experience in teamwork and healthy friendships.
- Cross-departmental collaboration, which ranges from clinical treatment to dietary, education and experiential programs, and ensures that each student is progressing with the knowledge, support and cooperation of every counselor and instructor.
What Makes Havenwood Academy Unique?
If you are researching alternative interventions for your daughter, you have probably noticed that there is an entire industry of troubled teen programs, making it difficult for you to narrow down which one is best solution. You should know that they are not all created equal and while most offer therapy, some of it may not be effective for your child. For instance, many facilities implement a behavior modification approach, which operates on a punishment-reward system. If you have reached this point, you already know that such methods are not helpful for teens that still need to discover the core of their issues. Similarly, traditional “talk therapy” can take longer than usual with teens to work because a strong basis of trust must be established before it is genuinely helpful.
At Havenwood Academy, we have created a program that is specifically tailored for the needs and learning style of adolescents. The different clinical approaches we integrate into each treatment plan takes history and goals into account, as well as personality. Further, we are set up to offer twice as many therapy sessions as any other facility, so you can be sure that your daughter’s constant environment is one of love and support among teachers, counselors and therapists anxious to see her succeed. Some of the specific interventions we offer include:
- Group and Individual Therapy – Licensed therapists with experience in adolescent psychology meet with our students in both individual and group settings in order to help them explore their issues and process their experiences. These complementary forms of therapeutic support helps troubled girls take a personalized approach to their own challenges, while also learning from the experiences of their peers.
- Experiential Therapy – Experiential, or hands-on, therapy is particularly effective for teens and builds upon much of the work done in group and individual sessions. Through experiences in music, art or outdoor therapy, students learn about themselves and become empowered to become active in their own recovery, while developing skills that will help them integrate the coping skills they learn into real world situations.
- Equine Therapy – Equine therapy, or work with horses, is often used to help troubled teens learn to complete tasks, develop confidence and practice more positive problem solving and communication skills.
- Family Therapy – Our goal is to ensure that our students are able to integrate back into the family environment with an improved ability to listen, express themselves and develop good relationships.
- DBT Therapy – Dialectical behavioral therapy, or DBT, helps teens learn how to change negative patterns of behavior. DBT combines cognitive-behavioral approaches and mindfulness techniques to help individuals identify triggers and develop productive and healthy coping skills.
- EMDR Therapy – EMDR, or eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, is a therapeutic technique used to help individuals with disturbing memories or PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). EMDR has proven to be safe and effective in numerous clinical studies and is a valuable, non-invasive approach for many troubled teens.
- Neuro feedback and Bio feedback therapy – Neuro and bio-feedback training uses brain activity and external stimuli to help students learn to develop healthier responses and help their bodies and minds relax in reaction to issues like depression, stress and anxiety.
Our Promise To You
We are dedicated to offering the finest care for your daughter, regardless of your financial situation. We are accredited as a healthcare program, which means that your insurance may cover your teen’s stay. This is particularly rare among teen help facilities and we are proud to be able to offer it and make positive treatment available to those that may not be able to afford a program out of pocket.
Our commitment to you and your teen is to provide a safe, loving and supportive environment where she can grow as a person, learn how to manage her challenges and regain control of her life. Find out more through our welcome video or contact us today at 877-830-7012 for a confidential consultation, and let us help you put your family on the path to a happier future.