It can take some time to adjust to the idea that your teen daughter needs more intervention than you can offer her. If you have decided that she is in need of full term care or therapeutic boarding schools for a while, we can help you with a solution. At Havenwood Academy, we know that parents are unsure about placing their child in someone else’s hands and we are dedicated to offering the kind of help that will give them peace of mind as we guide their teen toward a different lifestyle and a healthier mindset.
We have many years of experience in issues like anger, depression, defiance, sexual promiscuity, substance abuse and poor self-esteem. Through a loving and supportive environment and through the coaching of licensed therapists and staff members, your troubled girl can develop the tools they need to be meet daily challenges and cope more effectively.
Who Are We And How We Can Help
At Havenwood Academy, we are devoted to giving girls the chance to restore the important relationships in their lives and make changes through a supportive environment comprised of trust, love and accountability. Our treatment plans combine strong values and morals in family reminiscent surroundings with a strong emphasis on positive peer culture and effective communication. We know that the same plan will not apply to every girl that comes to us, which is why we offer a wide variety of treatment modalities, in order to ensure that each student can become personally motivated during their time with us. In our program, we:
- Empower girls to take charge of their own recovery through experiential opportunities and a multi-faceted therapy approach.
- An environment that encompasses teamwork and offers leadership opportunities in order to help develop healthy bonds and increase the effectiveness of treatment options.
- Encourage inter-department collaboration including dietary, education and clinical treatment in order to ensure that each staff member is aware of every individual student’s needs.
Some of the common challenges teens in Oregon deal with are:
- 39% teen pregnancy rate
- 33rd in the nation for adolescent suicide
- 12.4% of teens experiment with drugs
- 9.6% have tried marijuana
- 19% drink alcohol
- 2800 were arrested for crimes like substance abuse, property crime and violence
What Makes Havenwood Academy Different?
As you begin the research progress, you may notice that there a wide variety of treatment programs for teen help. At Havenwood Academy, the methods that we have adopted are developmentally appropriate for teens and the way that they learn and grow. Our clinical approach takes each girl’s personal history, personality, goals and interests into account when creating a plan for care. Some of the specific solutions we offer at Havenwood Academy include:
- Talk Therapy – We provide both group and individual talk therapy options for our students and believe that both options allow our students to both look within as well as learn from and help their peers.
- Experiential Therapy – Experiential, or hands-on therapy, gives teens the opportunity to expand on the progress they make during individual talk therapy sessions. Through music, art, recreation and equine therapy, each student is able to be immersed in the process and drive their own healing and recovery.
- Equine Therapy – Equine therapy, or daily interaction with and care of horses has long been used to help troubled individuals develop confidence, gain responsibility and practice positive communication and problem solving skills.
- Family Therapy – One of the main things most of our students need to work on is their relationship with their family members and we work hard to help them communicate and integrate into the family unit with improved skills and greater patience.
- DBT Therapy – Dialectical behavioral therapy, or DBT, is a regular feature in our curriculum and is used to help teens alter negative habits and alter their patterns of behavior. In addition to developing healthy coping methods, our students learn mindfulness and a cognitive-behavioral approach.
- EMDR Therapy – EMDR, or eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, is very effective for individuals suffering from disturbing memories or PTSD. This form of intervention for troubled teens is proven and non-invasive.
How Havenwood Academy Can Help Troubled Teen Girls From Oregon?
It is our primary goal to provide the best and most helpful care for each adolescent in our program. We share your goal to see your daughter become the healthy and confident young woman that you know she can be. We are happy to be able to accept select insurance programs to help parents offset the cost of their daughter’s stay with us. Because we are also registered as a healthcare facility, we are approved to offer twice as much therapy to our student as other programs. We believe that every family should be able to access quality care for their troubled girl, regardless of ability to pay.
We are dedicated to being a loving, safe and supportive environment for both you and your daughter where she can get to the root of her challenges and make the changes she needs and gain the skills to sustain them. We invite you to contact us today at 1-877-830-7012 for a free and confidential consultation.
We Help Families Throughout Oregon, Including:
Portland, Springfield, Gresham, Bend, Eugene, Gresham, Medford, Beaverton, Salem, Hillsboro, Lake Oswego, Grants Pass, Tigard, Corvallis, Keizer, Albany, McMinnville, Forest Grove, Woodburn, Roseburg, Redmond, West Linn, Tualatin, Klamath Falls, Newberg, Oregon City
Think Havenwood Might Be For You?
We encourage any visitors considering placing their daughter in treatment to fill out our online assessment as soon as possible. This two minute form will give our admissions team all the information needed to determine if your daughter is a good fit for our program.