Therapeutic Boarding Schools for Girls In New York
As a parent, you want to protect your child and help them grow from child to adult. However, the teenage years can be full of tension, frustration and worry as your teen tries to find their own path. When teen girls move beyond rebellion and into a place where she is making poor choices, failing school and getting into trouble, it’s time to think about therapeutic boarding schools. These teen help facilities are structured programs that blend therapy, school and life skills to give girls a chance to halt their destructive behavior and overcome their social, mental health and emotional issues. Therapeutic boarding schools for girls in New York are the right places to turn their lives around.
Havenwood Academy is ready to accept teen girls from New York and across the country. We’re happy to answer questions when you call us at 1-877-830-7012.
Why Choose Havenwood Academy?
Transitioning to adulthood is tough even for the most well-adjusted teenager, but when girls are dealing with any number of issues it can make it even more difficult. Conditions like ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, abuse trauma, substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar and more can really interfere with a teen girl’s normal progress through adolescence. Havenwood Academy is a therapeutic boarding school for girls in New York with the right staff, the right classes and the right treatment program to restore every teen girl’s health and well-being.
Havenwood Academy is unique for several reasons, but one of the biggest surprises for New York parents is that we are so affordable. Many teen help programs can be very pricey, but Havenwood Academy works with your family insurance plan so that they cover some, most or all of the treatment. This makes us not only more affordable than many other options, but it enhances our reputation as a legitimate treatment center that provides real and lasting results for teen girls. Before you choose just any therapeutic program in New York or elsewhere, consider Havenwood Academy.
Issues That Teen Girls in New York Have Without Therapeutic Boarding Schools
If teen girls with behavior issues are allowed to go on without some kind of therapeutic guidance, it could have a serious impact on their future. From failing in school to navigating a troubled home life, teen girls can make some poor choices and engage in risky behavior that has long-term consequences. Without the influence of a boarding school in their lives, teen girls in New York might be locking themselves into a future they really don’t want.
Teen girls in New York who need counseling may become part of these statistics:
- 33 percent of teen girls in the state have had alcohol in the past month.
- 19 percent of New York teen girls are binge drinking.
- 4 percent of NY teen females have used cocaine
- When it comes to high school graduation, only 76 percent of New York teenagers achieve it.
- Fortunately, New York ranks last (50th) in the United States for the number of teen suicides.
New York parent really need to step up and cease the negative downward spiral that their teenage daughter’s actions inspire. Instead of waiting for their daughters to “grow out of it,” parents must line up residency in a treatment center that can prevent their girls from being a grim statistic. Havenwood Academy can be the place of healing and hope that every teen girl needs.
Reasons Why Therapeutic Boarding Schools for Girls In New York Work
Alternative schools for girls with mental health or emotional problems are plentiful, but not all facilities are alike. Whether teens are asking for help or are refusing it, parents need to make the difficult decision to enroll them in a school that matches up with their specific needs. Unlike boot camps, military schools, wilderness camps and similar programs, a therapeutic boarding school exclusively for girls is the best way for them to get the professional support and guidance they need to overcome their problems.
Havenwood Academy is a therapeutic boarding school with plenty of benefits. Programs like ours provide the best chances for them to identify their issues, create a plan to overcome them, and to move forward with their future. When parents are looking for proof that boarding schools are the best option, it’s a good idea to do some research so they can feel confident that they are making the right decision.
Here are 7 ways that therapeutic boarding schools for girls in New York are more beneficial than other types of teen help programs:
1. Real therapy: Licensed counselors and trained therapists are employed by the school, and they hold individual and group therapy sessions with each teen. The also help to coordinate the student’s overall therapy and healing program.
2. Academic help: Usually by the time New York girls arrive at a therapeutic boarding school, their school record is a mess. Certified teachers work with teens in small classrooms to repair their grades, earn credits and even work toward graduating with a high school diploma.
3. Build relationships: From administration and staff to peers and family, teens at therapeutic boarding school need a chance to create and maintain healthy relationships, repair damaged ones and invest in themselves and their support network.
4. Recreational therapy: From building self-esteem to simply having run, recreational therapy is a key part of getting teen girls to engage with others and find their own strengths. Equine therapy, art therapy, outdoor adventure, sports, music therapy and more are usually a part of the best boarding schools.
5. Self-care: Teen girls need to learn how to care for themselves and others, so classes on nutrition, fitness, budgeting, cooking, cleaning, and more are an important component at boarding school.
6. Group living: Teens who attend boarding school live in a group setting, like a family style home or dorm-style rooms. They learn to share responsibilities like cooking and cleaning, and how to respect each other, offer and receive privacy and much more.
7. Transitions: Going from boarding school back to the real world can be difficult, and a good therapeutic boarding school will have a detailed program so teen girls can transition back to their families and a traditional school.
In the safe and structured environment of a boarding school, troubled teenage girls can devote their time and effort to improving themselves, their grades and their relationships, one step at a time. As they discover more about themselves, they will want to do even more to ensure their bright future.
Choose Havenwood Academy For Troubled Teen Girls in New York
Your troubled teen daughter deserves all the help in the world to change her ways and get the therapy she needs to face her challenges head on. A therapeutic boarding school for girls in New York is the way to go, and Havenwood Academy is ideal for girls from around the country. Our therapeutic program is really the best way to give her the toolkit she needs to make it from a turbulent adolescence to a happy and successful adult. Every girl is worth it, and at Havenwood Academy, we do what it takes to make sure that your daughter sees how special and strong she is, no matter what obstacles she faces.
Havenwood Academy will help teen girls from New York and elsewhere across the country, so please call for more information at 1-877-830-7012.
Havenwood Academy Works With Girls From These Cities in New York:
New York, Buffalo, Hempstead, White Plains, Rochester, Niagara Falls, Commack, Brighton, Albany, Schenectady, Long Beach, Brentwood, Yonkers, Syracuse, West Seneca, Freeport, Utica, Tonawanda, Poughkeepsie, Franklin Square, Levittown, Irondequoit, Hicksville, East Meadow, Valley Stream, Rome, Coram, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Oceanside, Troy, Binghamton, West Babylon, Elmont, Central Islip, Jamestown, Elmira, New City, North Tonawanda, Huntington Station, and Ithaca.
Think Havenwood Might Be For You?
We encourage any visitors considering placing their daughter in treatment to fill out our online assessment as soon as possible. This two minute form will give our admissions team all the information needed to determine if your daughter is a good fit for our program.