If your daughter’s severe behavior has you concerned enough that you are looking into an all-girls boarding school, there are more options available than the military schools and boots camps in Colorado. Havenwood Academy is an accredited and qualified teen help center where teen girls can get the help they need to address their behavioral and emotional issues and prepare a foundation for a steady and mature future. Our scenic and healthy location is ideal for families that want to provide their troubled girl with the best care and the most effective therapeutic intervention possible.
For questions about boarding schools for troubled girls in Colorado and our program at Havenwood Academy, contact us today. 1-877-830-7012. We look forward to helping you find the best solution for your family.
Why Is Havenwood Academy The Best Option?
Through the years, we have helped hundreds of girls from Colorado and throughout the U.S. discover their potential and turn their lives around. We believe that each girl has limitless potential, regardless of the negative path she is on. We are dedicated to not only helping teens and their families fix the issues that are causing problems now, but also giving them hope for the future.
The distance between knowing that your daughter needs more help than you can give and being able to afford it can be wide. We want every family, regardless of their financial situation to feel as though they can offer their child the intervention she needs to be healthy. Unlike many schools for troubled teens, we are accredited to be able to accept some insurances that can help offset or even cover the cost as a medical expense. Because of our status, we are also able to offer twice as much therapy as other facilities, so you can be sure that your daughter is in the most therapeutically supportive environment possible.
Issues Teen Girls In Colorado Face
Teens face more temptations and distractions than ever and it is becoming more clear that issues like juvenile crime, sexual promiscuity, depression and substance abuse can negatively change the trajectory of a teen’s future, sometimes permanently. Teen girls from Colorado share similar challenges as other teens throughout the country, specifically:
- 12% of teens misuse alcohol
- 9.3% of teens use marijuana
- Colorado is 7th for teen suicide
- 40 out of 1,000 teen girls get pregnant every year
- 7.6% of children in Colorado are diagnosed with ADHD each year
- There were over 2500 juvenile arrests in 2008 for violent and property crime as well as substance abuse
- 74% high school graduation rate
At Havenwood Academy, we feel very strongly that each at risk teen that comes to us deserves the very best and most devoted care because her future is important. We offer a supportive environment of love, trust and accountability that guides students toward change, but ultimately puts the process in their hands, so they not only learn how to manage the issues they deal with now, but are also prepared to cope with future triggers and temptations.
We understand that you may be feeling discouraged that your efforts to help your daughter have not been effective, but we want you to remember that some teens cannot make the changes they need unless they are able to reinvent themselves in entirely new surroundings, away from the daily home and social situations that are keeping them from developing a healthier mindset.
Benefits of Our School For Troubled Teens In Colorado
Adolescent psychology experts suggest that placing your troubled girl in a gender specific school is a more effective way to make sure she is in an environment without the distractions and issues that accompany a traditional school setting. In such surroundings, your daughter will be able to focus on the things that will help her move in a positive direction. Some of the specific benefits of our program include:
- We provide a wide selection of therapy options and modalities including traditional talk therapy settings combined with experiential solutions like art, recreation, music and equine therapy.
- A family-style environment that places great emphasis on restoring important relationships while keeping parents involved in the therapy process and improving communication.
- We teach our students how to balance work and play for life skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
- Our academic program is nationally accredited and we encourage girls to continue working on their education by earning credits that can be put toward a high school diploma or even transferred to a college or university.
- We have developed a positive peer culture program that allows girls to work on their communication and leadership skills with other girls in the program. As your daughter confronts her individual issues, she is also able to help and learn from the experiences of other students.
Havenwood Academy Is A Place Where Your Troubled Teen Girl Can Thrive
At Havenwood Academy, we are devoted to helping each teen girl find the help she needs in order to become the caring and mature young lady you know she is. We are also anxious to help you navigate this difficult time and get the support you need in order to return your home to a peaceful and safe place. Call us today at 1-877-830-7012 to discuss the ways that a residential treatment center like Havenwood Academy can help your daughter more than the military schools and boot camps in Colorado.
Havenwood Academy Assists Families In Colorado, Including:
Arvada, Denver, Fort Collins, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Thornton, Aurora, Westminster, Broomfield, Centennial, Grand Junction, Boulder, Loveland, Longmont, Greeley, Littleton, Lafayette, Northglenn, Fountain, Brighton, Wheat Ridge
Think Havenwood Might Be For You?
We encourage any visitors considering placing their daughter in treatment to fill out our online assessment as soon as possible. This two minute form will give our admissions team all the information needed to determine if your daughter is a good fit for our program.