When teen girls are failing out of school and are constantly getting in trouble, perhaps even suspended, it’s hard for parents to know what course of action to take. Tougher discipline doesn’t necessarily work when teens struggle with mental, behavioral or emotional disorders, and simply hoping they grow out of it isn’t a good way to deal with the issue.
Parents need to start looking at therapeutic programs for troubled teen girls as a way for them to get professional help and steer clear of risky behaviors that could lead to long-term consequences. Havenwood Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that is a viable alternative to most other programs for troubled teen girls.
To find out more about Havenwood Academy and how we have helped teenagers from across the country, please call 1-877-830-7012 today.
What Kind of Girls Need Therapeutic Boarding Schools?
Teens have a lot of things to face today, but those challenges are especially difficult when they are dealing with emotional, social or mental health issues. It’s hard for parents to separate when teens are just being rebellious and when they are dealing with real issues that are causing them fear, frustration and pain. Teens who may not be doing well in school or at home and who are suddenly engaging in dangerous, troubling behavior are good candidates for therapeutic boarding school.
Here are just a few of the issues that teen girls may face that require professional help:
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Abandonment or adoption issues
- Reactive attachment disorder
- Abuse trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorder
- Learning disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Victim of bullying or violence
These issues won’t go away without the guidance and care of a professional who has experience in working with teens. That’s why therapeutic boarding school is so good for teen girls who aren’t finding success at home and school anymore. There’s no reason for parents to delay enrolling their child into a therapeutic boarding school. Specialized programs for troubled teen girls are designed to stop the slide and inspire them to turn their lives around.
What Are Therapeutic Boarding Schools?
Therapeutic boarding schools are residential programs for troubled teen girls that focus on whole healing and developing inner strength to cope with life’s challenges. Generally for boys and girls ages 13 to 17, these boarding schools blend treatment, academics and life skills into one effective program that transforms kids from problematic to successful. Many parents of struggling teenagers have turned to these long-term programs and been pleased at the safety, structure and care their children receive.
Residential help programs for troubled teen girls are found in most states and there are many similarities and differences between them. Short-term programs like boot camps and wilderness camps last a few months and are a good way for teen girls to start the healing process by getting out of their current environment and leaving behind bad behavior triggers.
Longer-term facilities like residential treatment centers and boarding schools have more of an academic focus that combines work with intensive and regular therapy. There are also different treatment philosophies that parents should know about. The bottom line is that parents have many different options when it comes to enrolling their child in a treatment program, and there is no reason to delay.
Benefits of Therapeutic Programs for Troubled Teen Girls
There are many benefits for troubled teens that go to boarding schools, and when parents take the time to find a place that matches up with their family’s needs, the results are astonishing. While some parents are eager for a fast solution, there’s plenty of research to show that a long-term school with therapy is one of the best ways for struggling teens to overcome their challenges.
Here are 7 benefits of adolescent help programs for troubled teen girls:
- Away from home. Even though teenagers who attend therapeutic boarding school are not living at home, many parents discover that a new start is exactly what their teenager needs to move forward instead of backwards.
- Treatment is tailored. A good boarding school will create a customized plan for therapy and education based on each girl’s personal diagnosis and academic placement. As progress is made, the treatment plan evolves.
- Academic support. Certified teachers work with small class sizes to help teens get to grade level and beyond. Accredited schools can even help teens achieve a diploma.
- Consistent therapy sessions. Licensed therapists who work with adolescents hold individual and group therapy sessions to help teens identify their issues and then create strategies for overcoming them.
- Multiple therapy components. From equine therapy to outdoor recreation therapy, plus everything in between, different schools implement programs that go beyond talk therapy. The range of activities boosts
- Community-oriented focus. Set up in a family-style organization, teens learn more about making and sustaining healthy relationships, and learn about leadership and teamwork as they bond with peers, mentors and administration.
- Emphasis on transitions. Teen girls eventually need to rejoin the real world, so boarding schools establish transition programs so they will not only exist, but will thrive.
There’s little doubt that therapeutic boarding school programs for troubled teen girls provide a viable alternative to a life filled with bad choices, reckless behavior and constant struggles. Havenwood Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that has everything a troubled teen girl needs to feel empowered and inspired to make significant changes in her life.
We would love to tell parents all about our program for troubled teen girls, so please call Havenwood Academy at 1-877-830-7102 for more information.
Think Havenwood Might Be For You?
We encourage any visitors considering placing their daughter in treatment to fill out our online assessment as soon as possible. This two minute form will give our admissions team all the information needed to determine if your daughter is a good fit for our program.