Boots Camps and Military Schools for Girls In Tennessee
Tennessee parents of teen girls that struggle with behavior and mental health challenges seek the best therapy facilities available. While there are plenty of different programs, few have gained more attention than boot camps and military schools in Tennessee.
However, these types of programs—with harsh discipline and lots of physical requirements—aren’t the best place for teen girls. Therapeutic schools have a far better success rate for Tennessee teens and they really help them start healing from the inside. Havenwood Academy has a fine reputation as a special resident therapy school for adolescent girls with a proven track record of success.
Learn more about Havenwood Academy by calling 1-877-830-7012 for more details.
Why Would Parents Pick Havenwood Academy?
Tennessee parents should select a program like Havenwood Academy because of all the unique aspects the program offers to teenagers. Besides the qualified staff members and highly trained counselors, Havenwood Academy also focuses on academic support and recreation. Tennessee teens are on the receiving end of the combined experience of workers that have helped other adolescents figure out their issues and get the help they need to succeed.
Havenwood Academy definitely is a better choice than boot camps/military schools for girls in the state of Tennessee because it is more affordable. Because the program can be billed to family-style insurance plans, the cost of attending is reduced for families. Other programs are not qualified, and therefore require a much bigger financial commitment. Tennessee parents are making the right choice for their teenage daughters when they pick the program that really works.
Tennessee Teenager Behavioral Statistics
While typical teenagers do experiment with drugs and alcohol, such behaviors can have a dramatically different effect in teens with mental illness, emotional distress or behavioral challenges. Often these behaviors are ignored by parents who simply don’t know how to handle them. However, they should be a big warning sign to Tennessee families with troubled tens, and be the catalyst for seeking help.
The numbers for Tennessee look grim:
- Only 86 percent of Tennessee teenagers graduate from high school
- 30 percent of TN teen girls definitely enjoyed alcohol over the most recent 30 days
- 38 percent of adolescent girls in this state have tried marijuana
- 11 percent of female teens in Tennessee get high from inhalants regularly
- Tennessee ranks 27th in the country for suicides
No matter what, it’s definitely an essential idea to make sure that struggling teenagers stay out of trouble, but when their behavior is jeopardizing their home life, school and even their health and safety, it’s time to turn them over to professionals that really know how to stop the downward spiral and get the girls the right level of therapy and support.
Avoid Boot Camps and Military Schools for Girls in Tennessee
Parents that are just beginning to figure out what their teenagers want and need may be easily swayed by other kinds of programs that promise radical behavior changes in a short amount of time. They may feel that military and boot camp programs for girls may be the better choice over residential therapy programs and schools. However, a simple comparison shows the advantages that boarding school really has.
- Boot camps won’t have any academic section to their program. Military schools usually do have academic support, but lack other aspects of a well-rounded program.
- Military schools and boot camps don’t include a therapy component, where teens meet with professionals for group or individual sessions.
- Neither program will provide the number of recreation and extracurricular activities that a therapeutic boarding school does. Activities like equine therapy, sports, music, art, outdoor recreation and more are a big part of resident schools.
- Boot camps or military schools may or may not be staffed with trained and qualified professionals. Resident therapy schools will always have a number of professionals to guide students along.
- Boot camp or military school programs won’t focus on transitions from the facility back to home life, while therapeutic schools teach life skills and help develop things like
Teens will rarely go to their parents and ask for help, and that’s why Tennessee parents need to look at the warning signs and do the hard thing that will ultimately benefit their child. It doesn’t make sense to enroll teens in military schools and boot camps for girls in Tennessee when there are viable alternatives available that can create lasting change.
Pick Havenwood Academy Over Boot Camps and Military Schools for Girls in Tennessee
Teens have so many issues to deal with nowadays, like ADD/ADHD, anxiety, depression, abuse trauma, substance abuse, bipolar and much more. Parents in Tennessee are faced with the dilemma of trying to figure out why their child is just not thriving, but falling short. That’s why places like Havenwood Academy are ready and waiting to provide a safe and structured place for teen girls to get professional help. It’s never too late to contact Havenwood Academy and see what they can do for Tennessee teens.
Please contact us at 1-877-830-7012 to receive answers to the questions you have concerning Havenwood Academy, its programs and its staff.
Tennessee Teens From Certain Cities Are Eligible for Havenwood Academy
Gatlinburg, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Chattanooga, Johnson City, Jackson, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Clarksville, Bartlett, Hendersonville, Smyrna, Brentwood, Cleveland, Collierville, Columbia and Germantown.