When teens begin demonstrating extreme behavior that is putting them at the risk of long term negative consequences, parents must look elsewhere for the intensive help their daughter needs. At Havenwood Academy, we can offer a solution that is both safe and effective for helping troubled girls learn how to manage their issues and overcome common challenges like substance abuse, defiance, sexual promiscuity, depression and anxiety. Our scenic location is not only far away from the distractions and triggers that your daughter is subject to in her daily life, but can also become immersed in an environment that is dedicated to helping her look within and make changes that will last a lifetime. If you are seeking a facility that is supportive, safe and experienced in helping teens, Havenwood Academy is here to help.
For further information about residential treatment centers and how full time therapy can help your daughter, call us at 1-877-830-7012.
Why Should You Consider Us?
After years of poor decisions, some teens may give up, feeling as though they are just “bad”. We believe this mentality is damaging and we work hard to help our students understand that they are more than their choices and can move forward regardless of their past. Through programs and therapy designed to boost confidence and encourage effective teamwork and communication, we have helped hundreds of girls turn their lives around.
We understand how stressful it can be to have a teen that is on a bad road and feel that everyone needs access to genuinely helpful care without having to worry about how much they can afford. Because we are a medically licensed facility, we are approved to accept some insurance programs to help families cover all or some of the cost. Our status also entitles us to offer more therapy than other programs. Contact us for help determining if your insurance plan qualifies.
Challenges Facing Teen Girls In Nevada
The temptations associated with the adolescent years can lead to more serious issues that require the help of a licensed professional to overcome. For instance, teens in Nevada:
- 10.9 percent have tried drugs
- 16 percent abuse alcohol
- 18th in the country for suicide
- More than 2800 adolescents were arrested for crimes like vandalism, substance abuse and violence.
- Only 62 percent of teens become high school graduates.
It is not uncommon for parents to feel discouraged when their best efforts do not seem to help their teen make changes. We encourage you to understand that some troubled teens are not able to focus on their own needs while they are subject to the distractions and temptations of their social group and daily lives. In our facility, teens are supported in an environment of love, accountability and trust while they are individually guided toward making changes by licensed therapists and experienced counselors. We understand how teens learn and develop best and we have created a curriculum that caters to those needs.
How Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Help Your Troubled Girl
It is imperative to consider the needs of your teen in relation to the specialties of every potential program. Some of the things we place emphasis on here at Havenwood Academy are:
- Individualized programs for each girl that focuses on her unique needs.
- A variety of therapy modalities that include music, art, equine and recreational therapy in addition to talk therapy options.
- We have a warm and family style environment designed to help our students be comfortable and effective in a group setting that mimics much of their life at home.
- We believe that one of the most essential skills for a healthy lifestyle is knowing how to balance play and work. We have incorporated this concept into our daily routine.
- We know that having your daughter take time away from her schooling is a consideration, so we offer an accredited educational program that will allow her to get the help she needs to keep up or to catch up.
- Our private and scenic location is ideal for outdoor activities and practicing a healthy lifestyle.
Havenwood Academy Is The Effective Solution For Your Troubled Girl
We have been able to help hundreds of troubled girls from Nevada develop the emotional skills and tools they require to replace negative behavior with better coping methods. We feel confident that every teen can discover her potential and move forward into a happier and healthier future. Call us today and we can help you take the first step toward healing for the entire family 1-877-830-7012.
Havenwood Academy Assists Families Throughout Nevada, Including:
Fernley, Reno, Carson, Henderson, Sparks, North Las Vegas, West Wendover, Mesquite, Winnemucca, Boulder City, Elko, Ely, Fallon, Carlin, Caliente, Lovelock, Yerington, Wells