Using all of your energy and resources on a teen who is acting out and not showing any progress from your efforts can be draining and painful. It may be that your daughter simply needs an environment that is free of the distractions in her day to day life that are impeding her progress or willingness to change. Havenwood Academy is a school for teen girls that is specifically designed to give them better options for overcoming their challenges and learn how to substitute mature coping methods in place of negative choices. We have developed a program that guides troubled teen girls toward managing their daily lives in a way that is progressive and mature. If you want a safe and experience facility where your daughter can heal with the best of help, Havenwood Academy is the place.
Reach out to us now for questions about our program and how it can benefit your daughter and your family. 1-877-830-7012.
Why Are We The Best Solution?
We are very experienced in helping teen girls find their way and our staff is trained and qualified in adolescent psychology. We understand that the way that teens learn and grow is different than adults do and we have developed a program that caters to that. Some of the specific benefits of our facility are:
- The opportunity to develop new strengths and confidence through options like recreation, music, cooking, art and equine therapy in addition to traditional talk therapy.
- Our small, family like facility promotes teamwork and positive communication within a group setting.
- We believe that it is important for each student to look within and identify the core issues that are leading to her behavior before she can truly heal. Our staff is here to guide each girl toward that.
- An accredited academic program so your teen can keep up with her class at home.
- We encourage a peer positive environment and give each girl the chance to exercise her positive leadership skills.
- Our private and scenic location means that your teen can participate in a variety of healthy outdoor activities as a way to balance work and play.
- We are able to accept select insurance plans because of our accreditation status as a medically based facility. Most programs require tuition out of pocket. Our helpful staff is on hand to help you determine whether your family plan qualifies.
Challenges Faced By Teens in Maine
Some of the distractions and temptations that girls encounter during adolescence can result in serious or long term costs. For Maine teens:
- Over 1400 teens were arrested for drugs and drinking, property crime and violence
- 17.5% report drinking alcohol and binge drinking
- 11th in the country for juvenile suicide
- Teen pregnancy rate is 30%
- 9.6% of children diagnosed with ADHD each year
- 84% graduation rate
We know that the choice to send your child away for help is scary and intimidating. While helping your daughter while she is still home, some teens need a completely different environment before they can access the parts of themselves that need changes. At Havenwood Academy, our primary goal is to help each of our students gain the tools she needs to overcome her current issues and learn to manage future ones in a healthy way. We have developed surroundings where your daughter can feel safe and cared for while she is expertly guided toward recognizing and living up to her great potential. We are here to answer your questions and help your whole family get started on a path to more effective communication and the best relationship possible.
Options Out Of State May Be Better For Your Teen Than The Full Time Schools For Girls In Maine
As a concerned and conscientious parent, we know that you may prefer to keep your daughter as close to home as possible, but it may actually be better for her to experience new surrounding to make her more receptive to reinventing herself and becoming receptive to making changes. You want the best option for your daughter and we strive to provide that. Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation regarding your daughter and her unique combination of needs. 1-877-830-7012
We Assist Families Throughout Maine, Including:
Portland, Westbrook, Biddeford, Bangor, Lewiston, Saco, Auburn, South Portland, Augusta, Waterville, Bath, Rockland, Caribou, Brewer, Belfast, Gardiner, Old Town, Presque Isle, Ellsworth, Calais, Eastport, Hallowell