If your teen girl is spiraling into bad behavior and potentially serious choices, it could be time to look into a more intensive solution than you can offer at home. While you may be tempted to look at boot camps and military schools in North Dakota, such programs can actually do more harm than good, as a strict military structure, without the benefit of therapy is essentially useless in the long run. Residential treatment centers and therapeutic boarding schools are a more effective option because they address the issues that are causing teens to act out in the first place. At Havenwood Academy, we offer an environment of love, trust and accountability to help our students turn their lives around and become healthier and happier.
For questions or more information about how we can help your family, call us at 1-877-830-7012.
Why Trust Havenwood Academy?
At Havenwood Academy, we are devoted to providing a healthy and safe pace for North Dakota teens to recover and rehabilitate under the guidance of licensed and caring therapists and staff. In addition to our many years of experience, we have developed a program that is centered on the unique way that teens learn and develop. We understand that hands on experiences are an ideal way for teens to gain confidence, motivation and truly explore what they are capable of. We offer healthy and therapeutic experiences that will give your daughter the opportunity to create healthy habits while exploring the bad ones. One of the most popular aspects of our curriculum is our equine therapy program. Under the expert guidance of trained and certified staff trained in horses, students will work with horses as a regular part of their treatment program. Equine therapy has shown great success among troubled teens because it teaches communication, responsibility, and self-confidence, among other things.
Statistics for North Dakota teens include:
- 30% pregnancy rate
- 4th for suicide
- 21% drink alcohol
- 4% experiment with illegal drugs
- In 2008, over 1700 teens in ND were arrested for crimes.
- Only 86% of teens graduate from high school
Risky behavior is often an indicator of bigger issues. Addressing problems as early as possible can give your daughter her best chance for recovery. If you are feeling frustrated that your efforts to help your daughter have not been successful, remember that as long as she is home, she is subject to the temptations and triggers that can’t entirely be eliminated and may be slowing down or stopping her progress. Finding her the right full time program may be the best way to help her.
Your Troubled Daughter Can Thrive At Havenwood Academy
We understand that safety and experience are the two most important factors to consider when looking for a therapeutic boarding school. Military schools and boot camps are often unregulated and many are notorious for extreme “training” that can offer short term changes that may look like progress, but do nothing to address the actual problem. At Havenwood Academy, some of the benefits we offer include:
- A qualified and licensed staff of counselors and therapists that are specially trained in dealing with adolescents.
- Positive peer interaction is highly encouraged and each girl has the opportunity to support her peers, while developing relationships that are healthy and motivating.
- An educational program that guides girls toward earning their degree.
- A healthy, private and beautiful location that is ideal for the variety of outdoor activities we incorporate into our program.
- Practice in communication skills that help girls learn about responsibility, effective communication and building trust.
- Skills training in many of the life skills needed for adulthood, like budgeting, meal preparation and laundry.
- We are able to accept some insurance plans, unlike many therapeutic boarding schools. Our accreditation also allows us to offer skilled therapeutic options not available in other programs.
Troubled Teens Can Heal At Havenwood Academy
We understand that you want the best solution for your struggling teen and we are here to help you determine what option is best for her. We encourage you to consider a more therapeutic option than a military school or boot camp, and we are always on hand to address your concerns and answer your questions. Contact us today at Havenwood Academy and put your family on the road to peace and healing. 1-877-830-7012
Havenwood Academy Supports Families Throughout North Dakota, Including:
Fargo, Jamestown, Williston, Dickinson, West Fargo, Minot, Bismarck, Mandan, Wahpeton, Hazen, Horace, Lincoln, Beulah, Rugby, Casselton, Valley City, Devils Lake, Grafton, New Town, Hillsboro, Stanley, Garrison, Bowman, Oakes, Langdon and Watford City